Hello speakers! For the 2021 MACUL Virtual Conference, we look forward to using Hopin as a platform to share your expertise for our attendees!
Check out these topics and tutorials for a successful experience.
Check out this Hopin speaker tutorial video!
Getting Into Hopin
Making Your Schedule in SCHED
Speaker Tutorial Checklist
Here’s what you need to do to make sure everything goes seamlessly.
Get set up
- Create a new Hopin account or sign in to an existing one
- Ask the event Organizer to send you a link to register for the event (it will probably be a private link with a free ticket)
- Register for the event on Hopin platform. Once registered, let the Organizer know so they can add you as a Speaker to the Registration page, Schedule, and Reception Page
- Ask the Organizer to send you the link to a Backstage
Note: Backstage is a dedicated place where you meet before going live and start sharing your presentation.
- Confirm that your Audio and Video devices are connected and ready to use
- Speakers: make sure you only have ONE Hopin tab open, otherwise there will be audio issues of double-play happening
- If your screen cuts out or something goes awry, refresh browser, and then click the “Share audio and video” button again
- Once you’re backstage, don’t navigate to any of the other areas (Expo, Sessions, etc.) because it will remove you from backstage and you’ll need to re-enter with your special link
- You’re welcome to join the event as a viewer after your session
Once you register for the event, let the Organizer know. Sessions can be:
- Open (anyone can participate on screen)
- Moderated (Moderators approve or reject requests from attendees to appear on screen)
- Invite only (specified people can participate on screen)
Note: For Moderated or Invite only sessions you will need to be added as a Moderator by the Organizer so you can run your Session.
- When the event is live and it’s time for you to appear on a Session, head to the Sessions tab and find the Session you’ll be speaking in
- Click Share Audio and Video at center of the Session screen
- If you haven’t allowed access to your camera or mic in the event, you will be prompted to do so at this time
- Once you see yourself on screen, you’re live to your audience
- If it is a Moderated session, you will see attendees asking to join at the bottom of the video in the Moderator Panel. You get to choose who comes up on screen with you there.
Check our Sessions tutorial for a comprehensive information on Sessions.
When it’s time for the event, head to the registration page five minutes before the event starts.
Click Expo on the left sidebar and find your booth. Click it to enter. If it’s a pre-recorded video, then your job is easy. Just man the Booth chat.
In case it’s a live session, click Ask to Share Audio and Video. Make sure you’ve given browser permissions for Hopin to use your camera and mic.
When people request to join a live Booth, you’ll see their name pop up in the Moderation panel below. Click their profile image to allow them to join. They then select their AV devices and will be on camera shortly. Click the RED button in their screen to remove them.
Check our Expo tutorial to master the Expo during your event.
There you go! Now you know how to speak across Backstage, Sessions, and Expo.
Additional Hopin Tips
More questions? Here are some additional tips for your successful Hopin experience from Hopin.